Mike Lujan, owner of Lujan Entertainment LLC, has been DJing professionally at weddings, private parties, corporate events and conventions since 2010, but has always been DJing since he was a teenager with a huge passion for music and music culture. He was the kind of kid that made stacks of custom CDs with carefully thought out song lists for him and his friends to enjoy. He loved sharing his love of music then, and today he combines his love of music and the craft of DJing with his love of providing the best professional wedding DJ services in the area.
Tap here to listen to his mixes and learn more about his music!
Team Lujan consists of Mike and his family: Carla and JC. Mike started out as a one man DJ company, and now we are a full fledged boutique family business! Carla and JC started out as Mike's assistants, and through their experiences at our weddings, they've both developed a passion for weddings and events and contributing to the success and celebration of our events.
Carla has trained to become an amazing and experienced wedding day-of coordinator, and you can learn more about her services here! She took it upon herself to learn the logistics and nuances of weddings, and has since been applying her skills with organization and communication to help relieve the stress of our couples so that they can relax and enjoy their big day.
JC has followed a similar path, also starting out as one of Mike's assistants, and learning from experience the joys of DJing and bringing his fun and exciting energy to our events. He is now an up-and-coming DJ, learning first-hand from Mike himself, and practicing as much as possible. He is also our resident photo booth specialist, bringing his amazing energy to the photo booth as the guests strike a pose.
We all not only love music, but we all love being a part of weddings, celebrating the newlyweds, and partying with all the guests! We absolutely love what we do.
Meet Team Lujan
CEO of Lujan Entertainment
DJ & MC
Anderson Paak, Jamiroquai, OutKast, Earth Wind & Fire, A Tribe Called Quest, Daft Punk
Practicing scratching, iced coffee addict, traveling, playing Nintendo Switch, vinyl record collecting, being a cat dad.
GM of Lujan Entertainment
Dua Lipa, Sean Paul, Machel Montano, David Guetta, Cardi B, Elton John
Dancing, yoga, reading, foodie, volunteering, animal lover, movies, hiking.
Photo Booth Specialist
21 Savage, Queen, Chromeo, Pitbull, Gorillaz, Yung Gravy
Eagle Scout, swimming, skate boarding, playing the ukulele, PC gaming, PC building, cooking.
We Take Music Seriously
Mike Lujan doesn't just take a playlist and plays your songs in order. He mixes your Must Play songs together with other songs based on his best judgement. They are mixed in a way that makes sense and flows well to keep the dance party full of energy. DJing is a craft, and deciding what song to play next is an organic and complex process that involves reading the crowd's body language, intuition, and experience. We got all three!
Your guests will likely have a lot of variety in age and music tastes. Mike mixes smoothly between Today's Hits and throwbacks from 2000's, 90's, all the way back to 60's. Knowing that many older songs don't have the same energy as newer music, we often utilize remixes, mashups, and re-drums to play familiar music while keeping everything sounding fresh for the younger crowd. We also don't let every song play in full, and we don't awkwardly fade songs in and out at the wrong times. We know our songs, we understand song structure, we know how to count beats, and we know how to mix and transition smoothly. We don't just hit play; our DJ gear has MANY buttons, and we put them to work!
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We at Lujan Entertainment are, at our core, celebrators of love, and we believe that love in all forms should be celebrated. No matter the race, sexual orientation, gender/transgender, EVERYONE is able to love, be loved, celebrate and have a great time on the dance floor!
Lujan Entertainment is:
- Supporters of the LGBTQ+ Community
- Believers of equal rights for women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, all races, heritages, and ethnicities.
- Welcoming of ALL couples.
- Celebrators of love unconditionally.
We are all about being spreading positivity with our music, uplifting spirits, and creating timeless memories. We have fun and we love what we do!
Professional Code of Conduct
We at Lujan Entertainment, with all of our clients, commit ourselves to professionalism and excellence. We will:
• Operate our business in an ethically sound manner while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
• Abide by all laws and regulations governing my professional activities.
• Use legal forms of music and performance materials in the conduct of our entertainment services.
• Be honest and realistic conveying talent, abilities, and level of services to our clients.
• Deliver products and services to our clients, as promised, to the best of our abilities.
• Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations and other essential information.
• Provide a safe work environment with adequate protection for our clients & their guests.
• Maintain adequate and appropriate insurance coverage for all business activities.
• We will not smoke, drink, or use any recreational drugs on or before the day of the event.
• We will always leave with the intention of arriving 3 hours early to all events.
• We will cooperate and be friendly and courteous to all vendors and guests.
• We will play your favorite songs and rock that dance floor!
Reach out to us to learn how we can help make your event an unforgettable experience!
Pricing, info and availability will be shared ASAP.
Call or Text: (240) 394-9433
Schedule a free Zoom meeting or phone call: Click here
Or, you can use the contact form below: